Hey Twinklers! My internet was down all day Sunday until 5:30 AM this very morning, giving me roughly 30 min to write this thing/get dressed/eat breakfast/play children’s card games on my phone/check messages/cry a lot, before I have to leave for my part-time job being cool elsewhere. Please forgive any omissions/typos/poor quality. Thanks!
Good luck Tawny from like a minute from now!
Thanks Tawny From like 3 minutes ago!
Previously on Twinkie Town:
- SooFoo recapped the Twins win. SooFoo is good at recaps. I assume this recap is good. Sold yet? Go read it ya’ dorks.
- ethmaestro looked back at this month in Twins history. I only really had time to look at the pretty picture, but I assume there are words there too. Maybe read them if you have yet to?
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- The Star Tribune confirms Twins interest in soon-to-sign Free Agents, Dallas Keuchel and Craig Kimbrel. Hey that’s cool! I wouldn’t be surprised if this like is invalidated by the time I actually get this done!
- The Mariners acquired John Andreoli from the Twins. The Twins probably get something back, I dunno read it yourself, I’m not your mom. Unless of course this is my future daughter reading from the year 2026, I guess. In which case, please bring mommy an entire pizza.
- A bit back Fangraphs looked at how the Twins are now the OVERDOGS of the AL Central. If this link (or any others) have already been used in the past few days, again, sorry. No time to check! READ IT AGAIN, DON’T BE UNGRATEFUL!
- Is Jake Cave a trade chip? Would he also have to trade the entire cave for Jakes? Big questions Puckett’s Pond was brave enough to look into.
Around the World in Baseball:
- Hold on, let me shove this entire peanut butter and strawberry jam Uncrustables sandwich into my mouth.
- Nom Nom Nom
- This wasn’t an add, but if the Smuckers people want to send me some of that big PB&J cash, it certainly can become one.
- Hey the Northwoods League is pretty cool. Maybe read this Hardball Times piece on it?
Today’s sountrack is - sigh - Look, I don’t have any time to pretend I want to listen to anything other than the Team Select theme from NBA JAM on loop until I die.
Have a JAMMIN day, y’all!