Reminder folks, feel free to use this as your open thread for the day, and lets the comments on the other posts at least a little bit on topic.
If you missed us yesterday:
- The Twins players of the month for June
- A case for the Twins to acquire a veteran starter
- Some more roster churn: Adalberto Mejia off the IL and back in the majors, Lewis Thorpe sent to Triple-A, and Ronald Torreyes removed from the 40-man.
- The Twins lost a late-nighter on the west coast to the As. We still beat them in Moneyball though.
And more Twins stuff:
- The folks over at Twins Daily put together their midseason top-40 prospects
- Max Kepler has joined some very rarified company, and accomplished a feat that had previously only been performed by one player wearing a Twins uniform—Harmon Killebrew.
- Judd Zulgad looked at how the Twins are trying to fix Miguel Sano the other day. Seems to be working so far.
General baseball stuff:
- Fangraphs profiled the best available reliever on the trade market, and he’s a guy a lot of people want the Twins to go get.
- The Nation has an op-ed on the fact no one watches baseball anymore. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions. Notice the tags on it though? East coast bias anyone?
- Here are Twitter’s most hated baseball teams, by state. Two teams are most hated throughout Twins Territory—one in each league, and I bet you can guess who
A conversation starter:
What do you consider the ugliest sports jersey of all time?