Hey it’s moment in time arbitrarily designated as the start of the work week again! Oh no! Since Twinkie Town hasn’t had much lately outside of recaps (Which are always great, go read SooFoo’s from last night, he’s a pro.) due to
our preparations for returning home to our lizard people planet after the imminent destruction of your pathetic earth being busy or something, I’m going to round up some semi-recent fan posts that intrigue me.
This is the somewhat unnecessary header for those fan posts I mentioned 1 sentence ago!
- The 37th jere.johnson looked at some home run records the Bomba Squad might be able to destroy. It even has percentage chances of breaking each record that I assume are calculated somehow and not just made up!
- Twinsbythebay wrote about the Twins startling inability to score with the bases loaded. Did I link this last week too? Maybe, I’m not checking. Read it twice then, sheesh.
- For real though. Quack. Just like quack in real life. It relieves stress. Quack with your friends.
- CG19 brought up the interesting fact that Twins position players have been less healthy than the pitchers. That would be a pretty interesting topic for a deep dive by someone who actually writes about real things. (IE: Not me.)
Other Links About the Twins, Yo!
- The Ringer thinks the Twins are one of the “losers” of the Trade Deadline for not not getting a starter. I’m not sure they actually needed one, but what do you dorks think?
- Twins Daily wonders what the crap is going on with Eddie Rosario’s defense.
- The New York Times also has on a piece on how the Twins are hitting the heckin’ butts off the baseball at a record pace. I enjoy Max Kepler saying he became more aggressive because he wasn’t good enough to emulate Joe Mauer’s trademark chill non-urgent batting style.
- You should follow Sam Dyson’s cat Snuckles on instagram. Don’t follow me on instagram though. I don’t need you!
More Bases. More Balls.
- Beyond the Box Score named the Indians the most improved post-deadline team. Yay?
- Every once in a bit, it is healthy to remind yourself that you aren’t the Miami Marlins, who have traded away a team capable of making the playoffs.
- The Hardball Times thinks baseball needs to up its production values. And also stop having broadcasters who clearly hate the modern game. A Twins broadcaster is quoted within. Guess which one!
Today’s soundtrack is barf
Wanting to play River City Ransom with me whenever I want is the main thing I look for in a man. Yet somehow I’m single.