We wrote some stuff about the Twins!
- Thomas Hall (still not the country singer) handed out hardware for the top pitcher and position player in the Twins farm system.
- Our blog site leader handed out hardware to the top commenters from last week, and engaged in discussion about numbers and time. Is he secretly a mathematics major?
- A couple of places have some new Twins merch, including sweet brick replicas and a new t-shirt that is a nod to one of the Bomba Squad members!
- Just because the trade deadline is done doesn’t mean the Twins can’t acquire new players. TJ takes a look at three possible players that could help the Twins.
- jere.johnson.37 wrote a FanPost about the odds that the Bomba Squad break certain homer records before the season closes.
- Players’ Weekend is coming up and Minnesota announced their players’ nicknames as well as the unis they’ll be wearing.
- The Twins played Atlanta on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and well, uh... hm.
Other people wrote some stuff about the Twins!
- One writer at the St Paul Pioneer Press hints that a certain Twins starter might get bumped from the rotation.
- Can the Twins hold off Cleveland for the AL Central crown? The Ringer is getting pretty skeptical about it.
- Phil Miller of the Minneapolis Star Tribune talked briefly with some Minnesota players. Sounds like after the two losses to Atlanta, they’re ready for Cleveland.
- Could a hard-throwing prospect make his big-league debut soon?
Other other people wrote some stuff about the baseball!
- Okay, still kinda Twins-related... A former Twins position player was pitching with a former Twins player catching and a former Twins player hit a home run off of said former Twins position player. Let’s get the band back together?
- Forbes takes a look at one of the rule changes implemented in the Atlantic League and how it could make it a speedier game - and not in the “reducing time” sense.
- Some players believe the ball is juiced, some don’t, some like it, some don’t, and some don’t care. Most just want to move on.
- Someone thinks baseball is boring and asks what MLB is going to do to get today’s generation into the game for good.
Discussion topic for today:
What is your favorite food to grill and why? (If you’re willing to share your secrets, that is.)