Bullet point recap today! Thought I’d change things up on possibly (hopefully not) my last recap of 2019. Speaking of changing things up, Ehire Adrianza was the manager for the Twins today.
- The Twins jumped out to a 1st inning 3-0 lead, thanks to back-to-back homers by C.J. Cron (a 2 run shot), and Jake Cave.
- The Royals got their first run on a Jorge Soler bomb in the bottom of the 1st.
- Nick Dini and Erick Mejia tied the game in the 4th with RBI hits.
- Jason Castro untied the game, and the bomba race, with a solo shot to center field.
- Ryan O’Hearn tied the game at 4 in the 8th inning with a double against Lewis Thorpe.
- The Royals walked off the Twins, hitting Brusdar Graterol with a double, single and a sac fly by Brett Phillips. A nice moment in Ned Yost’s final game.
- The Yankees finished their season at 306 homers, with the Twins at 307, making the Twins the bomba kings.
Martin Perez, in maybe his final start as a Twin: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 SO. He never seemed to be able to get back to the pitcher he was at the start of the year.
The Twins, who finish 101-61, await a big challenge in New York this Friday.
Cron, Cave, and Castro for hitting bombas.
Gibson, Stewart, and Romero were effective out of the pen.
No Duds, we’re bomba kings!
Robot Roll Call: