Apparently I write here, so here’s words that are also mostly links if you have you know how to click on them or touch them or whatever. Touch my words.
Previously on Twinkie Town:
- The Twins lost a series to the Cleveland Spiders, recapped in order by James, Brandon, and SooFoo. My first time going to Target Field was the game that the Twins won so obviously I’m good luck and we should all buy me tickets to all games from now on just to be safe.
- TheDailyMauer wondered what the crap the 2020 starting rotation is going to look like. I was actually going to write this article, but now I don’t have to! Yay!
- Theo77 asks if the Yankees could steal our cheese. I was disappointed to find this meant home run record and not actual cheese. Let us have this, Yankees. We all know you are going to just sweep us out of the playoffs anyway. Give us THIS. (Fake Editors Note: We here at Twinkie Town do not condone Tawny’s negativity. Twins will win it all!)
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- In case you missed it, Twins acquired pitching ace and 12th outfielder, Ryan LaMarre. You might remember LaMarre as “that one guy” or maybe “who?”
- Speaking of 3 bullets ago. Twins Daily looked at who should be the top free agent starting pitchers in the upcoming off-season. Is Mike Pelfrey still available?
- Byron Buxton is off to see a specialist about his bilateral shoulder weakness. With Max Kepler exiting early yesterday, the Twins outfield now consists of Eddie Rosario and two ducks the happened to land nearby. Maybe we’ll see some Astudillo Outfield Action, at least.
- Fangraphs contextualized the Twins Dong Record. I mostly just wanted to say “Dong Record.”
Around The World in Balls:
- This FiveThirtyEight piece on why Justin Verlander’s seemingly obvious Hall of Fame career isn’t even that close to meeting the JAWS requirement for the average HoF pitcher is very interesting. We might need to redefine what a “great” Starting Pitcher career looks like in the era of strict pitch counts, bullpenning, and hysterical fear of the third time through the order penalty.
- The Ringer looks at some September call ups you might want to learn about in time for playoff baseball. Includes a Twin for extra points!
Today’s soundtrack is jumping on to White Base. You are welcome.