So the Minnesota Twins signed someone, I guess.
What you missed on
Josh Donaldson Town Twinkie Town so far this week:
- Okay, so first thing’s first: Minnesota signed someone named Josh Donaldson and he plays third base. Hayden has all the deets for you!
- We also have some follow-up to the big signing: TJ takes a look at the Twins’ books, Cooper breaks down what the roster looks like now, Jonathan digs into why it’s okay that our new favorite player is not a pitcher, and some reactions from Twins players, personnel, and fans about the signing.
- Your grandma is the main reason that Minnesota landed The Bringer of Rain, so make sure to send her a thank-you card.
- Although this was before the Twins made the big splash, our blog overlord explored the idea of a trade with the Colorado Rockies for their star third baseman, and it’s worth a read.
- In the pre-”Josh Donaldson is a Twin” era, Matt reviews the Strat-o-Matic rendition of the 1965 World Series he played in against his father.
- Matt also brought to us the uniform numbers that the new Twins players will be wearing.
- Last, but not least, the blog overlord has called upon all of you to write your own FanPost on what the Twins’ second greatest need is.
What you missed in Twins Territory:
- A series of earthquakes hit Puerto Rico recently, and Jose Berrios and his family are fine.
- Eddie Rosario, also from Puerto Rico, was not impacted and he was able to continue his baseball clinic with Luis Arraez.
- The Miguel Sano extension became official this week, and he says he wants to be a Twin for life.
- The Twins have finally finished up hiring for their major-league coaching vacancies.
What you missed in the baseball world:
- The Baseball Brit is crossing the pond once again and already has a trip planned to see a certain group of baseball teams. Smashing!
- If you haven’t heard, the Houston Astros cheated by banging on a garbage can and using technology to steal signs and the commissioner handed down penalties for their actions. The Astros organization also fired their coach and general manager.
- The Boston Red Sox and their skipper Alex Cora have mutually parted ways before MLB determines a punishment for Cora’s role in the sign-stealing scandal.
- One writer says that sign-stealing using technological means is fine. <insert thinking emoji here sarcastically>
What is your favourite crock-pot recipe?
Have a pleasant day ahead!