It’s the last Twinkie Town Talk on a Tuesday in the first month of the new decade! WOO!
Catch up on Twinkie Town happenings...
- DJL44 continues our annual prospect vote. If you haven’t voted yet, do so now!
- Some of our writers had fun this last week! Jonathan attended both the Winter Caravan in Fargo and TwinsFest at Target Field while Zach went to the Winter Caravan in Mankato.
- FanPosts! aamett2 opines about the cheating scandal while BeefMaster lays down their annual sick and sweet statistical overview for 2019.
- Some Josh Donaldson-related items include Cole breaking down how much of a defensive upgrade JoshDon is, Cooper talking about Sano’s position change, the player who was sacrificed to the skies in order to make room for J.D. on the 40-man roster, and new swag from our partners at Breaking T!
- Some Hall of Fame items: A fan-favorite makes it into the Twins Hall of Fame while Zach reflects on this year’s Cooperstown inductees.
- Matt continues our Grading the 2019 Twins series by reviewing one of the utility guys.
- It’s been revealed that Donaldson does not pitch, so TJ hashes out the many, many options to fill out the starting rotation.
- Twins Pass tickets are back for another consecutive year.
Catch up on Twins Territory happenings...
- Could Boomstick be with the Twins past 2020? Betsy Helfand of the St Paul Pioneer Press has the scoop.
- Helfand also talks to noob (to the Twins) pitcher Rich Hill about the timeline for his return, which includes some sweet Sergio Romo quotes, too.
- LaVelle E Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune talks about a current Twins infielder and the work he’s put in to possibly hit 10 bombas this season.
Catch up on baseball happenings...
- A former Twins hurler considered a different career before taking baseball seriously.
- Big Sexy is not giving up. Should he reunite with the Twins?
- Let’s hope that umpires have good speaking voices. They’re going to be mic’d up starting this season.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates and Arizona Diamondbacks stuck a trade yesterday, effectively bringing the Bucs’ 2020 payroll down to just above $43 million. Sorry, Derek Shelton.
What sport do you pay attention to the most outside of baseball and why?
Extra discussion topic: Should the Twins and Bartolo Colon reunite?
This poll is closed