As we inch closer to Spring Training and Opening Day, teams are bound to announce various bits and pieces of the upcoming season. For some fans, the fun piece of news to wait for is the promotions and giveaways. Yesterday, the Minnesota Twins officially announced the tentative schedule for the special events and promotions they will have this summer at Target Field.
For you bobblehead fanatics, there are three dates that you want to mark on your calendar:
- The Twins Hall of Fame Weekend is May 22 and 23 against the Chicago White Sox, and a Juston Morneau Twins HOF Bobblehead will be given away. The first 10,000 fans through the gates on Saturday, May 23, will receive this item.
- If you haven’t heard, Minnesota signed Josh Donaldson. What better way to celebrate than to collect a Twins bobblehead of him? The first 10,000 fans that get their ticket scanned on Tuesday, June 16, against the Milwaukee Brewers will have a miniature Bringer of Rain with them forever.
- Lastly, Saturday, June 27, will be when the Twins will be giving away a 30-Home Run “Bomba Club” Bobblehead to the first 10,000 fans that will watch the home team take on the Colorado Rockies. The bobblehead will include Nelson Cruz, Max Kepler, Mitch Garver, Miguel Sano, and Eddie Rosario.
If you’re not into bobbleheads, there are definitely some other great items that the Twins are giving away this year:
- For the home opener - Thursday, April 2, against the Oakland Athletics - the first 30,000 fans will get a quarter-zip pullover.
- Monday, May 4, when the San Francisco Giants come to town, is the Star Wars Theme Night (probably “May the Fourth Be With You” fits in, am I right?) at Target Field. The first 10,000 fans will get a themed t-shirt while fans can also purchase a special theme night ticket to receive an additional promotional item.
- Dairy Queen will be sponsoring the Twins cap giveaway on Saturday, June 6. The first 20,000 fans through the gate to see the Twins take on the Los Angeles Angels will receive this cap.
- Friday, July 31, is the kick-off to the Twins’ 60th Season Celebration Weekend when the Houston Astros visit Target Field. I can’t think of a better way to kick it off than the giveaway for the Friday game: a replica baby blue Twins jersey for the first 10,000 fans.
- The Twins will salute the Negro Leagues with their Negro League Centennial Celebration on Friday, August 14. Fittingly, as the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum is in Kansas City, the Royals will be the visitors. The first 10,000 fans will receive a St Paul Gophers Shortbill Cap. I’m also hoping we see a turn-back-the-clock night with Monarchs and Gophers uniforms.
- Fan Appreciation Weekend will be Friday, September 18, and Saturday, September 19, when Ron Gardenhire’s Detroit Tigers come to visit. The first 30,000 fans each game will receive a free Twins Stocking Cap. Kids Appreciation Day will follow on Sunday, September 20, when all kids 12 and under will get a free T.C. Kids Mug.
If you’d like a full list of promotions, giveaways, and theme nights, check out the Twins website here.
Are you an avid bobblehead or giveaway item collector? Do you have any stories of crazy giveaway games you attended? Share with us in the comments!
Do you go to a Twins game specifically for a giveaway, promotion, or theme night?
This poll is closed