Previously on Twinkie Town:
- Ben listed the 3 most likely pending free agent Twins to return to the fold for 2021, but who I think we all really want back is T.C. Bear. Or Lew Ford.
- IHamsterDadForALiving talked about the sale of the American Associations Sioux Falls Canaries, and if any of you out there are secretly rich and want to buy them, let it be known that I am available for hire as a Team Mascot/Starting Shortstop.
- Canaries has to be in the running for least threatening team name. They are literally so frail we used them dropping dead to warn us of danger.
- TJ graded Marwin Gonzalez’s 2020, and the score WILL surprise you.
- He also did a bunch of links earlier, and they are way better than mine because finding good links about a team not playing baseball while other teams still are playing baseball is very hard.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Fox Sports presents us a wonderful gift with “An Oral History of Little Big League.”
- Do-Hyoung Park has a nifty Off-Season primer on the Twins. It is nifty to remember all the names of important minor leaguers again after not thinking about Minor Leaguers for a year.
- Over at Twins Daily, David Youngs talked to our boi Corey Koskie, not really about baseball, but about how to stop sucking as a manager of a fitness center. Maybe his tips can help me be better at managing myself as a freelance link finder.
- Jorge Polanco had his (second straight) ankle surgery. I don’t know if someone here already talked about this, but here you are. Consider yourself lucky you get any baseball news at all on this Croatian Bird Watching Blog.
- Another thing I’m not sure we never mentioned, or if its just me being dumb:
Pirates claimed RHP Sean Poppen off waivers. Poppen, 26, had a 6.19 ERA, 1.75 WHIP and 10.7 K/9 over 10 outings (16.0 IP) with the Twins in 2019-20. He throws sinker (.467 BAA this year), slider (.067 BAA), changeup.— RobBiertempfel (@RobBiertempfel) October 1, 2020
To make room on the 40-man roster, JT Riddle was DFA.
This is devastating news for be personally as I never got to call him something like “Sean Poppycock” or “Seanshank Popdemtion” or even “Sean Poopen” in a recap.
- Do you want to work for the Twins? Do you know what “Baseball Research Fellow” might entail? Are you familiar with R? Well this might be a job for you!
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- Hey did you want that previously mentioned job in baseball? Well here’s a piece about how everyone is leaving baseball because it is an absolute balls industry to work in! I hope this helps you follow your dreams!
- Paul Lukas of Uni-Watch discusses the phenomenon of supporting causes/holidays/events with special or modified uniforms in sports, and whether or not it is a good thing at all.
Today’s soundtrack is BEEP BEEP BOOP BOOP ROBOCOP.