Previously on Twinkie Town:
- Brandon checked in on the rest of the AL Central to see what they’ve been up to since also very quickly losing in the playoffs. Nothing unites the midwest like not winning at sports!
- Matt graded Taylor Roger’s 2020 and it isn’t pretty. I haven’t seen grades this bad since I took high school Algebra.
- Gamble and the rest of us have gone and gabbed about who the Twins should bring back in 2020. Who is the most desired non-Nelson? The answer MAY surprise you! (It’s Trevor May, that was a pun. If you want better jokes please paypal me 20 bucks.)
- Zach got all philosophical on us, probably donned a toga, and then steeped the 2020 season in allegory.
Elsewhere In Twins Territory:
- Twins beat reporter Do-Hyoung Park’s mailbag is worth a read to see his take on big questions like the chances of Eddie Rosario being a Twin in 2021.
- Over at Twins Daily, Tom Froemming has gathered all the highlights of the 2020 season in a few outstanding videos for your viewing pleasure.
- No one is writing about the Twins :(
- Tampa Bay needs to sweep the WS quick so the post season can be here. There is so little to link I can’t even make
Remembering Sid Hartman:
- The death of the legendary Sid Hartman has brought its share of tributes and stories. First we have a statement from the Twins organization themselves. The Star Tribune gets more personal about it, telling its readers what Sid was like. ESPN’s piece is full of good quotes by people all around sports. The Athletic’s piece is pretty touching if you have a subscription to them. Meanwhile SKOR North talks about his contagious love of newspapers. And of course, John brought the news to our attention here.
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- For MLB.com, Shakeia Taylor wrote about a figure I wasn’t even aware of until now, despite a name that scream Old-Timey Baseball. Cumberland Posey was a Negro Leagues legend, and the only person to be in both the Baseball and Basketball Halls of Fame.
- FiveThirtyEight’s piece on Billy Beane’s legacy and also inability to win in the playoffs is worth reading. Mostly so you can periodically chuckle to yourself about that one time the Twins actually won a game.
- MLB.com also has a list (w/ videos!) of the longest post-season dingers of the last 5 years. Don’t act like you don’t turn into a child watching balls get smashed into the mesosphere, its DELIGHTFUL.
To go with that, Today’s soundtrack is the best home-run theme in any game ever. (Uploaded by me!)