Just because the book has closed on the season for the American Association doesn’t mean there isn’t news! Here’s a few blurbs of what has happened in the meantime:
- The American Association is currently down to 11 teams for the 2021 season after a long-time team opted to drop out of the league. But have no fear! Their official release says they are already on the verge of expanding for next season.
- The situation for Winnipeg Goldeyes fans is not getting any better as the city council will vote on a lease extension soon.
- One reliever that got a bevy of awards this season in the AA inked a deal with the Kansas City Royals, so watch out!
- One player in the World Series had quite the journey to the big-leagues, including a stop in the Frontier League and with the Minnesota Twins.
- Another player, this time with a team that did not make it to the World Series but almost did, also had a stop in an indy league - this time in the AA.
What is your favorite part about winter?