Here are some hearty chunks of links to keep you warm this morning:
- The only Canadian team in the American Association was in danger of being non-existent, but team ownership and a city council shook hands on a stadium lease that will keep the team in town for at least 18 more years. That’s a long time from now.
- Not able to make it to an AA game, listen on the radio, watch it on the television, nor want to shell out money for a subscription to their streaming site? You’re in limited luck next season if you have the social media!
- As Mr Blog Overlord TJ wrote earlier this week, the AA is in danger of losing a team to affiliation. The league hopes to get an answer sooner rather than later.
- While the Atlantic League has already lost a team to MiLB re-alignment, they won’t be losing another, writes our friends at Federal Baseball.
- AA teams made a number of releases this week, including a former big-leaguer and (brief) Minnesota Twins farmhand and a couple of league perennials.
What is your favorite kind of cheese?