Previously on TwinkieTown:
- The Twins finally finalized the Graterol-Maeda trade, this time without Buyer’s Remorse Boston. Since our beloved Town of Twinkies has basically been “What the crap is going on with that trade?????” HQ these last few days, our actual analysis on what getting Maeda means for the team might have got lost in the shuffle, so the next few links will focus on that!
- Kyle Edelbrock, resident smart guy, actually has real analysis on Maeda’s pitches and ability. He may not throw 100mph, but he’ll still find ways to be effective.
- Personality wise, Maeda might find a way to be a fan-favorite due to his antics. His poor translator deserves a raise.
- TJ looked at what the trade means for the various rotation candidates. I did want to see what Randy Dobnak and his Randy Dobstache could do over a full year, but he’ll still get plenty of opportunities.
- Speaking of Dobnak, Brandon wonders who will be 2020’s Dobnak. Charlie Barnes feels particularly Dobnakian to me.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Phil Miller of the STrib talked to Rocco Baldelli about meeting new expectations for the team, getting to know new arrivals, and the time he made Jerry Seinfeld almost kinda maybe laugh.
- Twins Daily’s Ted Schwerzler (for BringMeTheNews MN) thinks the Twins bullpen has a shot at being the best in the league. This team is actually really good you guys, holy crap!
- Is the Twins’ starting rotation of championship caliber? Do-Hyoung Park has thoughts on that.
- MLB.Com lists every teams fastest prospect, in case you are like me and enjoy watching dudes run really fast.
The truck has arrived! ⚾— Minnesota Twins (@Twins) February 7, 2020
Fort Myers pic.twitter.com/Ae1l8CV92u
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- Just how teams will use the 26th roster spot will be a fun little thing to watch in 2020. Beyond the Box Score’s Bill Thompson wonders about that very thing.
- AP’s Janie McCauly interviews the Giant’s new assistant coach and my new baseball hero, Allysa Nakken, on embracing her new role.
- That whole Astros sign stealing thing is still going strong and getting worse by the day. Yay?
Anyone planned out what games they’ll be going to this season? Any giveaways you plan to get? I suppose you lucky dorks who live near Target Field can go on more of a whim than I can.
I’ve already got tickets for June 6th against the Angels, mostly because I want to see Mike Trout play in person once in my life. I’m also probably going on June 27th to got that Bomba Squad Bobblehead, and also watch them play the Rockies, I guess.
Today’s soundtrack is Secret of Mana for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, yo.