Previously on Twinkietown:
- The Twins and Tigers will play a game in the Dominican Republic this spring, which should be a really fun game to watch, and might be one of the few spring training games I’ll bother to pay attention to!
- Ben broke the news that the Twins signed Jhoulys Chacin, a name I’m sure Bert Blyleven will pronounce flawlessly. The last two slots of Minnesota’s starting rotation for the first chunk of the season are looking to be comprised of about 12 people, or the classic 3 and 12 Man Rotation.
- Zach showed us the link between the Twins and the Super Bowl game that’s probably happening as I type this. I sure hope [INSERT TEAM YOU LIKED HERE] won! Dang, how super was that bowl, you guys?
- Write for us, you cowards!
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Miss Joe Mauer? Wondering how hard Johan Santana can still throw? Well the Twins are planning a Legends game at Target field to sooth your tired souls.
- WINK News showcases the Twins-sponsored Fort Myers baseball camp for disabled youth. Watching kids, disabled or otherwise, enjoying baseball warms my heart. If I ever have a kid and they don’t like baseball I’m going to be big heckin’ sad.
- Randball (not his Stu.) wonders if the Twins are shaking the reputation of being cheap and morphing themselves into a real destination for future star free agents. I sure hope so!
- The big question on a lot of our minds, especially pre-Donaldson, was “Oh crap should we be scared of the White Sox???????” Twins daily wonders that in a whole lot of detail.
- I was going to write about my time at Twins Fest, but I my computer died the night before it, and by the time I had a new one, it was no longer timely. Anyway, here’s the one thing that happened that I really wanted to share.
My friend told Michael Cuddyer he could sign anywhere he wanted. Cuddyer chose to sign his own butt. pic.twitter.com/1pz3nGzpgu— Tawny Jarvi (@TawnyFroggy) January 26, 2020
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- Professional sports gambler (which is apparently a thing?) and Jeopardy hero, James Holzhauer, talks about betting on baseball teams. So before you bet on the Miami Marlins winning the World Series at 1 Trillion to one odds, maybe get some advice from a pro first.
- Bill Thompson for Beyond the Box Score reveals the blatant and obvious bevy of lies MLB owners are trying to tell us about their plan to destroy minor league baseball for profit. Apparently that’s called the Houston plan, which is fitting because apparently nothing Houston based is likable.
Today’s soundtrack is Blinx the Time Sweeper, because I have original Xbox on the mind.
Old Timey baseball blatherings no one cares about will return next week! Have a nice day!