Previously on Twinkie Town:
- TJ has been recapping fake games for your reading pleasure, because we’re living in a completely normal timeline. Go Fake Twins Go!
- Matt made a Twins themed crossword puzzle, and I have no idea what any of the answers are.
- Brandon actually did some real stuff, recapping the White Sox off-season.
- Matt LeCroy > David Ortiz obvs.
- I’ve continued to write NOTHING, because I am bad at my job.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- MLBTR recently made a video explaining why the Joe Mauer contract was completely worth it. Please direct your dad here after he blames Joe taking too much money for the failing economy or whatever.
- The Pioneer Press lists five ways the new deal between the MLBPA and MLB (which will be linked below) affects the Twins.
- Blaine Hardy is having elbow surgery, which isn’t very hardy of him, while Royce Lewis, Trevor Larnach, and Alex Kiriloff have been sent to the minors. We probably already covered this but its in my link folder so just in case!
- MLB.com’s Do-Hyoung Park ranks the top 5 Twins catchers in history. Hot takes abound!
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- Here is an amazing piece by Michael Stahl about the history of the Negro Leagues AFTER Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier. It is something I never thought about before, and an extremely interesting topic.
- The MLB and MLBPA have reached an agreement over some major issues regarding a shortened or canceled 2020 season. ESPN has the details, though more are still coming in.
- Craig Edwards of Fangraphs brings up the idea of the MLB turning to expansion to inject some money back into the league in a post-pandemic word we’ll hopefully one day soon live in.
Discussion Starter: What media have you been consuming in the absence of baseball and possibly ever leaving your home?
Today’s soundtrack is POWER RANGERS. I don’t know why, just roll with it.