Previously on TwinkieTown:
- The Fake Game Recaps continue, with Matt covering the fake 65’ world series, and TJ keeping the sim 2020 train going. Choo choo.
- Rich Hill was theoretically going to be injured for the start of the 2020 season, and then 2020 came along and just 2020ed all over our shirts and carpets and we just can’t seem to get the smell to go away. Now, if a season does happen, Hill thinks he’ll be ready for the entirety of it, which would be a nice consolation prize.
- Discuss which players you hate playing against here, and generally just dislike the yankees, yankees fans, and the entire concept of New York.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Joe Mauer, Mike Redmond, and others talked to Patrick Reusse about if the MLB can realistically keep catchers safer if a season is indeed played in the midst of a pandemic.
- Our Friends at Twins Daily look at some bargain free agents for next off season. It is never too early, especially in 2020.
- MLBTR wrote about the Twins quietly excellent bullpen. It still feels weird to me whenever the words “Twins,” Pitching,” and “Good” are in a sentence together that isn’t like “The Twins are good at getting bad pitching.”
- Puckett’s Pond ranks the top 10 Minnesota born players in MLB History. Honestly I disagree and would put Joe at #1.
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- If you are like me, you lay awake every night wonder “How is Ron Gardenhire handling the pandemic?” Well, now you can find out.
- 538 asks fans what it would take for them to be comfortable attending sports again. I for one like the KBO style cardboard cut-out fans because it makes me feel like the camera zoomed in a bit too close to the audience in MVP Baseball 2005.
Today’s soundtrack is my favorite song from said MVP Baseball 2005.