I keep on typing “link dumb” instead of “link dump” but whatever. Here are links since Spring Training v2.0 is starting up shortly!
What you missed in Twinkie Town:
- A neat FanPost by aamett2 goes through the idea of utilizing a site that was built as a baseball field for one game this year by a team that is essentially kicked out of their home for 2020.
- Matt finished his OOTP All-Twins Tournament and finely recapped it. I apologize to all the teams in the Sandwiches Regional as my name probably tainted your games.
- A 60-game season changed the ZiPS projections for playoff chances and Cooper reviewed what changed with the Twins’ chances at a playoff berth.
- Some nostalgia for those who were alive in the late 1870s: Ryan wrote a great piece about the rivalry between the Millers and the Saints.
- Need a review of what baseball actually is?? Tawny has you covered with a primer via video.
- The Twins finally announced their 60-player pool/roster/list of humans that are expected to play for the team in some capacity this season. They’ll be without two coaches and still have a couple of roster spots open in the pool, so Ben took a look at some options.
Around Twins Territory:
- Sid Hartman is still writing for the Minneapolis Star Tribune, bless his soul, and bears good news: The Twins are ready to play. That’s good. (There’s other stuff he wrote about the Twins, too, of course.)
- The organization removed the statue of former owner Calvin Griffith, as written by LaVelle E Neal III, also of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- A Twins minor league player was suspended for abuse of drugs. Hopefully it is a lesson learned!
- Players are starting to opt out of playing this season due to concerns over COVID-19.
- Your second-favorite sports site takes a shot at season predictions, including someone who thinks the Twins will struggle. PROVE THEM WRONG, BOMBA SQUAD!!
- Minor leaguers can join independent league baseball teams this summer - with consent from their parent club.
What hobby have you taken up during the pandemic?