Previously on Twinkie Town:
- Resident uniform number nerd, Matt Mo’ Money Mo’nitto, informs of us of some number firsts that we have the weird COVID season to thank for.
- Jonathan came up with what might be my favorite community discussion topic: What trait would you Space Jam steal from a Twin? For me its got to be “Have lots of money” because I’m already hella awesome as it is.
- Zach looks back at our boi Danny Valencia, a player so memorable I thought he was Danny Santana.
- If you are like me and haven’t been paying attention to
springsummer training due to the fact the youtube contains literally videos of cats tackling toddlers, Ben has you covered with some observation’s from last Wednesday’s intra-squad game.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- The Twins have released starter Jhoulys Chacin, saving us all from remembering how to pronounce his name. Chacin will presumably try latch on to another club’s 60 man roster.
- Jake Odorizzi is day to day with a back injury. Dang.
- PPress’s John Shipley wonders if a 30 man roster might be overkill for an obscenely strong Bomb Squad 2.0.
- The Twins Rotation gets no respect! Twins Daily has set out to rectify this great injustice!
Other Links so it feels like I put effort into this post oh god games to recap can’t come soon enough:
- 60 games isn’t enough to determine the best team in baseball, but have we ever stopped to think about if 162 games actually are?
- Did Dwight D. Eisenhower play minor league ball before becoming the president? Well I’m not going to spoil it for you, but the D. may have stood for “Dingers”