Welcome to a dump of links!
Twinkie Town links!
- We jump into the time machine and go back to 2010, where Zach reminds us of a few of the great pitchers from that year.
- Our favorite team swung a trade, and TJ has reason to believe that it’s just tradition.
- Does Bob take back his apology from a couple weeks ago? Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t!
- The player in centerfield was a hot topic this week as TJ asked if we’ve finally seen the true Byron Buxton while Jonathan wonders if his performance will last.
- Will Dobstache maintain his great start to this season and his career? John puts the question to the numbers test!
- Our blog overlord extraordinaire has a State of the Team address since we’re over 33.33333333333% through this short season.
- Bob talks about some trades of past years and if the front office really needs to answer any calls while the trade deadline approaches.
- Some more nostalgia: Cooper makes a case for a former Minnesota infielder to be inducted into the Twins Hall of Fame while TJ writes about milk commercials and our favorite catcher ... coming out of retirement?!?!
Minnesota Twins links!
- Although a derecho did some major damage to the Cedar Rapids Kernels’ stadium (and a majority of Iowa) last week, the team believes they’ll be ready to go for Opening Day 2021.
- Do you have $2.5 million? Buy Glen Perkins’ house and let’s party.
- Puckett’s Pond takes a look at some potential rotation trade targets.
- Monkey Knife Fight, which is not what it sounds like, has partnered with the Twins to make a donation to its Emergency Relief Fund every time a ball hits their advertisement tarp.
- Could the Minnie and Paul logo get a makeover?
- A Twins player has broken into MLB’s rookie power rankings, which is apparently a thing.
General baseball links!
- From our sister site for Cleveland: the two pitchers who broke protocol are not on their teammates’ good side.
- Feeling old? The first home run hit by a player born in the 2000s is now in the books.
- One question I pondered lately was written about already: With all the missed games, can MLB’s schedule take even more games postponed by COVID?
What is your milk of choice and why?