- Let’s get right to it: Byron Buxton is on the Injured List again. The culprit: left shoulder inflammation. Buck has been on fire lately, hitting .264/.255/.566 (.821) since August 4, which is probably not as impressive, but he’s hit five homers and 11 RBI during that time as well.
- Mitch Garver was pulled from the game after the seventh inning last night when he grabbed at his right side after an at-bat. He’s also landed on the I.L. with an intercostal strain. He’s been hurting at the plate this year, scraping together a .154/.262/.212 (.474) batting line with a homer and two RBI.
- Southpaw Lewis Thorpe saved the bullpen in a way last night (4 IP, 4 ER, 3 BB, 3 K, 2 HR) and has been optioned to St Paul. The Aussie has also been struggling mightily this season, posting a 6.14 ERA/7.30 FIP in 14.2 innings of work. He’s now out of options.
- The Twins have recalled righty Zach Littell. We’re aware of his doings so far this season.
- Minnesota needed a catcher, and so they’ve purchased the contract of Ryan Jeffers. He’ll make his major-league debut tonight behind the plate. Between High-A Fort Myers and Double-A Pensacola last season, he hit .264/.341/.421 (.762) with 14 homers and 49 RBI in 103 games.
- LaMonte Wade Jr is back in the majors. He’s only made one appearance this season as a defensive replacement at first base earlier in the year.
One player who was on fire is hitting the I.L.