- Starter Jake Odorizzi took a 103 mile-per-hour liner off his abdomen last night. Understandably so, the club has put Odorizzi on the 10-day Injured List with a chest contusion. This will be Odo’s second trip to the I.L. in 2020. In his three games, he’s posted an 8.10 ERA/6.10 FIP in 10 innings of work.
- Reliever Zack Littell was called upon for relief last night and was also pulled from the game. The reason was due to elbow inflammation and he will also hit the 10-day I.L. for the second time this season. The righty has posted a 9.95 ERA/14.38 FIP in 6.1 innings of relief.
- The club has moved starter Homer Bailey to the 45-day I.L., making room on the 40-man roster. He’ll be eligible to return on September 13. Bailey has been sidelined with a biceps injury. He made one start for the Twins, going five innings with four hits, two earned runs, a walk, and four strikeouts, earning the W against the St Louis Cardinals on July 28.
- Righty Sean Poppen has returned to the bullpen. He’s made two appearances for the team, tallying three innings of work in relief an allowing only one earned run on four hits and two walks, notching five strikeouts.
- Southpaw Danny Coulombe has been added to the roster. The 30-year-old last saw major-league action with the Oakland Athletics in 2018. Over his career, which includes time with the Los Angeles Dodgers, he’s posted a 4.27 ERA/4.09 FIP in 143.1 innings. He sports an 8.4 K/9, 3.8 BB/9, which leads to a 2.20 K/BB ratio. Skipper Rocco Baldelli mentioned in tonight’s pregame that he’ll be used in various scenarios, but can provide length as needed.
The carousel continues to turn, all thanks to injuries.