If you were on vacation and need some catching up on Twins stuff, we have you covered!
At Twinkie Town:
- The 2020 season is already past the one-third and halfway mark! Zach has some thoughts for the first third of the year and Ben makes some points while we’re around the halfway point.
- Joe’s inaugural article is a great breakdown of a couple of stellar performances from a couple of pitchers.
- Remember that botched trade with the Red Sox? Good times! TJ takes a look at how the actual trade has benefited both teams.
- Bob visits the idea of an electronic strike zone after a young guy gets squeezed during an outing.
- If the Twins join the trading fun, what position should be their main focus?
- What’s Taylor Rogers’ issue? Matt and John tag-team for some insight into the topic.
- Joe looks at Ryan Jeffers’ history and how he got to the bigs.
In Twins Territory:
- Tony O and Kitty Kaat will have to wait another year to be elected to the Hall of Fame. Its Board of Directors have decided to push the discussions to next year due to the pandemic.
- Brandon Warne at Zone Coverage takes a look at nine items fans may not have realized about the Twins season up to this point.
- Taylor Rogers felt so bad about blowing last week’s game that saw Kenta Maeda almost throw a no-hitter that he bought some fancy rice for the Japanese-born starter.
- Puckett’s Pond has a brief piece about three things that will allow the Twins to make or break the second half of the season.
Within the baseball world:
- The Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks were doing some circus baseball a couple nights ago, which included headbutting a baseball.
- Zack Greinke. That’s it.
- A former Twins minor-league catcher also made his MLB debut this week and also had a great first game. He gave a great post-game interview.
What do you think of when you think of the month of August?