Two days off in a row ain’t right, let me tell you...
What you’ve missed here at Twinkie Town:
- You’ve heard Bert Blyleven’s voice for the last time on the tube. Calling games, that is. Zach reminisces about Bert’s time in the broadcast booth.
- Bob pens some thoughts after the hometown nine strung together a winning streak for once.
- With only 15 games left in the season, we have to look at the playoffs! TheHans measures the Twins against other clubs in playoff contention.
- John does a great breakdown of the adjustments that one of the starting pitchers has made during this season.
- Will this be the last year that a certain outfielder will be with Minnesota? Jonathan goes through why the answer is “yes”.
What you’ve missed in Twins Territory:
- Too much starting pitching? No such thing according to Betsy Helfand of the St Paul Pioneer Press.
- Puckett’s Pond outlines three reasons why one Twins slugger is going to have a hot finish to the season.
- Do the Twins have their catching corps set for the next few years? Joe Hiti at Zone Coverage takes a look.
What you’ve missed in baseball:
- With a broken relationship between MLB and MiLB, the MiLB president has announced he will be retiring at the end of the year.
- Teen heart-throb Justin Timberlake has joined a group of investors to try to get an expansion team to a certain city.
- Books, heat maps, and tarot cards: how one former Twins pitcher prepares before each game and an in-depth look at his life. (ed note: link is fixed now! -TJ)
What’s your favorite card game to play?