I’m still bummed about Ron Gardenhire retiring - don’t get me wrong, I totally understand his decision - so I’ll keep the Gardy train going with a link dump.
From Twinkie Town (and sister site):
- Gardy retired. Bless You Boys has the scoop!
- Mr Blog Overlord TJ compiled the site’s best write-ups about the former Twins manager, and it’s worth the time and then some.
- He also penned what could be the last chapter in the Tales from a Not-Season, a site classic.
- Changing gears a bit, Minnesota clinched a playoff spot! So does the team really have a lot of postseason experience and what could the roster look like? Jonathan and Cooper provide some insight.
- James wrote a fantastic piece about musician Steve Goodman and the Chicago Cubs.
- Missing the charm of the ballpark? You’re not alone! Zach shares what he’s missing the most from Target Field in this Year of the No Fans.
From Twins Territory:
- FanGraphs has some notes about prospects that have broken into the majors this season, including a couple players from the Twins. (h/t to John for the link!)
- Dan Hayes of The Athletic wrote about how the Twins rolled the dice on a bullpen arm this offseason and how it’s paid off. (subscription required)
- If you don’t listen to the games on the radio, Max Kepler had a great and insightful interview on the post-game show after Sunday’s win.
- Puckett’s Pond projects the starting rotation and the bullpen for the postseason roster.
From the baseball universe:
- The Detroit Tigers will be looking for a permanent replacement to fill Gardy’s shoes. They supposedly have a whole list of candidates, including a former Twins backstop.
- The Arizona Fall League was supposed to start this Thursday, but it will not happen at all this year.
- A fan somehow got into Fenway Park during a New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox game and started shouting from a catwalk in center field.
Today is the first day of autumn! What’s your favorite thing about fall? (Anyone who answers “pumpkin spice” might get insta-banned. /sarcasm)