Hello and welcome to Monday Morning Minnesota but its on a Friday because I was too lazy to do it earlier. I hope you are enjoying the end of regular(ish) season baseball, here are some links:
Previously on Twinkie Town:
- Thanks to BreakingT you can now have a shirt with a robe on it. 4 Robes actually! Wear 4 robes over this shirt and impress your friends with your total of 8 robes! Wear 4 of these shirts at once and have 16 Bomba Robes on your person! The possibilities are endless! Buy enough robes on shirts and thanks to my commission I’ll be able to afford an actual Twins Robe to wear while I write horrible paragraphs for you!
- Brian McCann (Not that one.) Brian McDid write about the role of Miguel Sano on the team, and how that role is holy crap wow, you just hit that ball into the international space station, killing everyone aboard, setting science back multiple years, and costing various governments billions of dollars.
- James Fillmore is grumps about the term “control destiny” but also graciously explains to us the division tie breaker scenarios and how they are coocoo for cocoa puffs tier bonkers.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Per MLB.com the Twins WCS rotation is set. No surprises here. (Yes I stole this link from Fillmore’s post above. No I don’t have any shame.)
- Pioneer Press’s John Shipley makes the case for Byron Buxton as MVP, and boy is it beginning to be hard to argue with that!
- Josh Donaldson would like umpires to have some kind of accountability. (Per CBS Sports’s Katherine Acquevella.) In my opinion, yes. Yes. Please give me robot umps! Make them talk in a funny voice and do beeps and boops. Like actual robots rolling around on treads, firing new balls out of their mouths, and biding time before humans inevitably extinct themselves and the ball and strike calling robots can inherit the cold dead earth.
- Our rad pals over at Twins Daily ranked the Twins possible postseason opponents. Number 1 might actually surprise you!
- I try not to link to paywalls, but Dan Hayes’s longform profile on Brad Radke over at the Athletic is too good not to link. Radke is a vastly underrated player in Twins history who I really like gushing about, and even I was surprised to find out he’s 6th in WAR in Twins history.
- Also I just wanted to link this commercial.
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- The Ringer’s Ben Lidbergh dives into the chaos of evaluating the true worth of a player Pre-WAR. I always assumed teams just threw random amounts of money at random people and that was how a baseball team was made. Glad John War invented WAR and brought us into this enlightened era.
Today’s Soundtrack is from Mega Man Battle Network, whose soundtrack I have been listening to non stop thanks to some weird Yankees fan on Twitter!