Previously on Twinkie Town:
- Local numbers-upon-back enthusiast, Matt, informed us of some important jersey number updates. Retire Johan’s number, tbh.
- Brandon did that thing he does. No not that weird thing he thinks we all don’t know about. The rival roundup thing.
- Eddie “The Final Ed.” Rosario has become a member of the Cleveland To-Be-Determineds, which is going to be hella weird to see.
- Join the fun of pretending to comprehend how meaningful the stats of a 17 year old are as our prospect vote continues.
- Ben informed us of just how huge an upgrade over Marwin Gonzalez, Utilityman Luis Arraez should be. I wrote this sentence like 5 times and it sounded confusing each time, but whatever, It is 6:30 AM, leave me alone.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
Mets, Twins, Rays and White Sox are among teams thought to have some interest in Mike Foltynewicz after his recent throwing session. Word is, he looked good at Georgia Tech.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 31, 2021
- The Twins are interested in pitcher Mike Foltynewicz, whose name is an anagram of “Ice Fez Milky Town” and that’s not nothing. Also if he signs I’m pretty sure I’m making a video that’s just my dad trying to pronounce “Foltynewicz” for 5 minutes.
- Trevor Plouffe himself broke down why he thinks Andrelton Simmons is the best defensive shortstop of all time.
- DELMON YOUNG PITCHED IN AUSTRALIA, THIS IS NOT A DRILL
hello, Delmon Young, who has been the best hitter in the @ABL the last three years, is currently pitching for the @MelbourneAces and you can watch right here: https://t.co/iXvfJuvzbd pic.twitter.com/0cmoT70UAT— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) January 24, 2021
- Ehire Adrianza, who is now a Brave, thanked Twins fans on his instagram. D’aww, right back at ya’ dude.
- The Twins have finally, apparently, resumed negotiations with Nelson Cruz. Both the status of the DH in the NL and the date of spring training are up in the air right now, but both parties might still be getting ants all up in their pants. Hopefully we see a deal soon!
- Twins Daily’s Thiéres Rabelo looks at 3 pitchers who had similar careers to Jose Berríos through age 26 in order to see what might be next for La Makina.
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- MLB has proposed a 154 game season to the MLBPA. As assumed, the proposal contains a late start and expanded playoffs. It sounds like the players will be rejecting it because it gives Rob Manfred too much power, and literally no one but 30 ownership groups want Rob Manfred to have any power whatsoever.
- You probably already heard, but Masahiro Tanaka signed back with the....Rakuten Golden Eagles. If that’s not a harbinger of MLB’s death, I don’t know what is.
- Bleed Cubbie Blue’s Al Yellon wrote about how MLB’s failures are becoming more and more self-inflicted.
Today’s soundtrack is from a slightly-obscure PS2 game, and if any of you have played Dark Cloud 2 (or 1) I will become your new best friend.