Good evening and welcome to the rare evening edition of Twinkie Town Talk, where it’s just a bunch of news that dropped this afternoon and after the Minnesota Twins won against the Boston Red Sox in Grapefruit League action. (Why is a grapefruit called a grapefruit? It’s definitely not the size of a grape, plus it tastes terrible. How do people eat those things? I’d rather eat a cactus.)
- Remember that rare fourth option that was given to the Twins regarding Lewis Thorpe? They wasted no time using it.
- Minnesota made some cuts before today’s game. Former Twin Andrew Albers as well as Juan Minaya and fun name guy Glenn Sparkman were part of that group.
- During the game, one of the team’s catchers got hurt, but he’ll be fine and just out a couple days (or weeks or years, who knows).
- A veteran bench guy that was looking for a concrete spot has exercised his opt-out with the club and the Twins said “sure thing”.
- Everyone’s favorite Uber driver has officially made the cut. He’ll be with the team on Opening Day and will be in the bullpen.
Evening discussion point:
What’s your favorite nightcap?