Now that I’m back from my two week hospital mega adventure, I figured its finally time for my much desired, I assume, return. Thus I have found some spare moments within my busy schedule of muttering profanities, eating string cheese, and wondering if If its time for more pain killers yet, to find you fine folks some high quality links. And also finally find out what the hell has been going on for myself.
Please send your donations of gold and snacks to my office.
Previously on TwinkieTown:
- Rival Roundup Vol. 20 is hot off the e-presses, invented by e-Gutenberg, and ready for entry into your cranial cavity.
- Zach wonders, based on sweet nicknames alone, if 2021 will harken the return of the “dead ball era.”
- Jonathan details a theoretical “ultimate 2021 Twins road trips” to see all levels of the club in action, provided you are one of like 12 people in America who can still afford such luxuries as “transportation” and “tickets to things” and “the physical ability to get down your stairs and thus out your own front door.”
- The very same Jonathan, unless we have two of them, also asked us which new Twin we were most excited to see. Andrelton Simmons for me, yo.
- Zach wrote about the new-again White Sox/Twins rivalry in case you need to refresh your hatred. Though if that is your goal, you could also just visit White Sox twitter, el oh el.
- Keep voting in our yearly Community Prospect Ratings! We’ve officially reached the “Iunno, but that’s a rad name so I guess him?” phase.
Elsewhere in Twins Territory:
- Fangraph’s Sunday Notes Column leads with some insight into the behind-the-scenes of Twins Baseball with a feature on Dustin Morse.
- MLBTR gives the case for extending Byron Buxton, around the time that the outfielder started contract talks with the Twins.
- For his part, Buxton spoke about his future with the Twins and what the team means to him.
- Also on Fangraphs, Dan Symborski lists some potential 2021 breakout hitters, including a Twin.
- Meanwhile our friends at Twins Daily, (You guys are our friends, right? Please like me, I’m needy right now!) detail why Mitch Garver might just put up a huge 2021.
Around the World in Bases and Balls:
- MLB finally suspended the least savory Twin of recent memory, Sam Dyson.
- It seems like there will be no further talks on expanded post-seasons and universal DHs for 2021. Though maybe for the 2022
- Evan Phillips faced Phillip Evans in a spring training game and honestly such serendipity is better than narcotics.
- Jake Odorizzi no don’t go the dark side, this must be a Joke Odorizzi!
Right-hander Jake Odorizzi and the Houston Astros are in agreement on a two-year deal with a player option, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN. The last big free agent is off the board.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) March 6, 2021
Today’s soundtrack is DPM+FP